To get started with the art of oil paintings you are faced to buy the materials needed. Oil painting materials are quiet expensive and there are many varieties of materials to choose from which is little hard for the oil painting beginner. What we have here is a guide for you in purchasing your oil painting materials.
1. Choosing the right easel for your painting? You have to consider some few things like what is it made of the height. The most important thing to remember is to have an easel that is sturdy. Many easels can be bought in art shops but if you do not have a budget then you can make one for your own. There are tips on how to make an easel that is just right for you. Having a self made easel gives you an easy not modifying anything when using because you can make it to put the canvas where you wanted. Portable easels are mostly used if you wanted to paint outdoors or out of your working place.
2. Next are white bristle brushes. Get a variety of brushes and it is suggested to get animal hair brushes and not the synthetics brush. Animal hairbrush handles the pigment better and is more natural than synthetic hairbrush. Q-tips cotton are also better in oil painting because they can create very subtle stroke with its become softer edges. Using white bristle brushes needs more practice though. It is recommended to use a shaving brush, cut it with a brush cutter machine.
3. Pads of feel coated paper Landscape Oil Painting or throw away palettes is also needed when oil painting. When you use only one, grab it off and its fine but it's advocated that you get to throw away palettes. One is for putting your colors down, while the other one is used for mixing colors only.
4. Different oils can be combined with your tones. Start with Cold Pushed Linseed oil but you can experiment later on. The latter oil mentioned earlier is produced from trees and shrubs and is general purpose oil. A colour pallette chef's knife is to be used when mixing the oil and resins into the tones. Alkyd resin is needed to secure the drying out time of the tones. If you are not familiar with alkyd buy a general purpose one until you know which one you want to use.
5. Other essential materials are paint thinner or nutrient state of mind. In using these substances make sure to get one that is not too smelly or strong because these are not that good to ones. Brush machine is also needed to put the paint thinner in and wash your brushes. Cloths are preferred for dirt and cleanups.
6. Canvas boards are good for People Oil Painting practice. Prepare your canvas and get it unprimed. There are pre-stretched canvases available in department shops or art shops though this comes with a price.
Samui Art gallery online beautiful oil paintings on canvas for sale from Thailand. They are offer top quality buddha works of art, reproduction and original oil paintings, famous oil paintings from famous artists including tips and advise for buying oil paintings online, tips and techniques to create beautiful works of art.